Wednesday 19 September 2012

I am twenty three going on twenty four ...


 
This is exactly how I feel on the eve of my 24th birthday! Not necessarily that I don't have my sh*t together but I definitely don't feel as 'adult' as I thought I would at this age!

By 24 I thought I would no longer -
Be scared of the dark
Miss my mummy and daddy
Faint from needles
Be scared of getting married and having kidlets
Be an anxious driver who only fills up at empty petrol stations
Be a worry wart in general
Still have 'body issues' and insecurities (but seeing my beautiful mama still scrutinising herself despite near perfection, I'm guessing that this'll be a life long accompanyment).

But on the eve of my birthday it's also the perfect time to make wishes and set goals for my 25th year on this planet -
Spend more quality time with family and friends
Run a half marathon
Develop my business and mayyyybe even expand it to include more therapists or multidisciplinary caseload management
'Settle' into my community and get involved in ole Busso town
And on the complete flipside - plan our South America extravagannnnnza
Compete in the Summer Tri series
Create weird and wonderful culinary experiments in my humble little kitchen
Get to 25 with a big smile on my face and feeling as happy as I do on the lead up to my 24th!

Wishing everyone a safe, happy and healthy weekend. I am off to Perth for a reunion with my friends/family and to see Hanson - live.in.freakin.concert (eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!).

Love and Cuddles,

Mle xx


No comments:

Post a Comment