Saturday 4 August 2012

A well overdue update.

Hello and big kisses everyone! I'm far too often apologizing on this blog for my sparse updates so let's skip over that bit! July has been slash was absolutely insane and flew by. There were some big and exciting changes and adventures - and a few visits to Perth and cuddles with my favorite people! To try and cover the basics and the important things, I will structure this post to cover a few different headings!

Work
Probably the biggest aspect of my life that's a-changin! The start of August saw the celebration of the practice's first month of operation! Wahhhooooo. It's definitely proving to be a steep learning curve, with all aspects of the business so far being handled by myself (yes, me Emily, the girl without a freakin financial/accounting/business bone in her body!). But I have been so so blessed to have had the most gorgeous clients come on board and my days have been filling up quickly! It's currently a pretty even spread of adults and paediatrics, in terms of new referrals coming through. But with the existing client base that came along w the clinic, I am seeing lots of little kiddies throughout my mornings. It has been a pretty exciting, and often terrifying, time for me. I have to admit that I have had a few moments in which I doubted the new venture and questioned why the frick I had done it so early on in my career. But I decided to stop whinging and doubting myself and instead frikkin harden up, buckle down and work my ass off to prove myself. I am woman hear me roar mother cluckers!!

Culinary Creations
Not much to report actually. Dave and I continue to cook weird and wonderful things that keep our tummies full and smiles on our faces. I tend to get obsessed with random little recipes and edibles and this month has been no different... So in no particular order, these are the bits and bobs that have been featuring heavily on my plate this month:

  • Raw chocolate brownies (I had to impose a self-ban because I was downing far too many of these bad boys and, frick me, they were wonderful)
  • Green Sushi Salad (discovered in January and feeding my soul ever since. Yum-bo.)
  • Long Macs (ok so not really an edible, more a drinkable. However, if you know me well, you will know that although I claim to love coffee, the truth is I still have to have a small amount of choc in it to soften the blow. I'm slowly weaning! From soy mocha w half strength choc, to cappuccinos and now long macs topped up - the girl is growing up!!)
  • Oatmeal (Smooth oatmeal with honey - where have you been all my life?! )
  • Coriander (Holy poop - I don't know how I didn't used to top all my meals with this but I sure as shootin do now!)
  • Vegan Italian Hot Chocolate (Ok - another drinkable. But this thick, rich desert is honestly the most amazing thing. Made w raw cacao and soy milk, it actually provides heaps of antioxidants so is an occassional desert that you don't have to feel guilty about. Shibby!).


Running and Fitness
Ok so my commitment to training has been more up and down than Oprah's pant size but I'm still chugging along, clocking up the kms and doing lots of cross training amongst it. I'm really excited about tri season, fast approaching, and am planning on doing a few across the summer. The first two are women only 'have a try' style ones, so they will be lots of fun and hopefully will be good practice for the sprint distance tris in December! But I promise to keep you all posted. Rather than boringly blab about my ups and downs in running, riding and x training; I'm going to use this space to do a shout out...
MY FREAKIN' DADDY is a bloody champion. For those of you who don't know, Dad had a little scare at the start of the year and had to have a stress test (15 minute walk on the treddie w HRM attached) and a (slightly scary and slightly invasive) angiogram. The angiogram revealed a blockage in one of his hearts' major arteries. The doctor then told him that he needed to try and 'self medicate' with healthy eating, less drinking and more physical exercise. Since that day, he has pretty much changed his habits completely. From walking to jogging to running - he keeps getting stronger and faster and, most importantly, healthier! He had a previous PB of running 1km straight, did even better on his 53rd birthday and did 2km, then a week later topped it to 3km! I was bursting with pride and, just quietly, struggling to breathe as the little bugger is FAST! Daddy and I are all signed up for the City2Surf 12km  fun run and I literally cannot wait. I am so proud and honoured to run alongside the silver bullet (HA!), but in all seriousness, I am super proud of him and can't wait to try and convince him to do a tri with me... hehe.

Izzie
It was only a matter of time until she got her own section, hehe. Pup is growing bigger with every passing day. At her most recent check up, puppy tipped the scales at 19.2kg. She is not even 6 months old! We are in for one chunky doggy. She gave us a bit of a scare this week - Iz injured a ligament in her knee and was essentially a three-legged dog for almost a week, with her little back leg tucked right up. She wouldn't put any weight on it. Which scared the poop out of us but after the all clear (basically) from the vet, she was encouraged to have strict rest (haha - yes a rottweiler pup 'resting', nice thought doc) and now is definitely on the mend! And she continues to be cute and has me wrapped around her little puppy claw

Love kisses and farewells and sending Capel cuddles...

Mle xx



No comments:

Post a Comment