Monday 13 August 2012

One of 'those' days.

Do you ever have those days where you struggle to get to the end of it, look back over and assess how your day went and have one of those 'sliding doors' moments where instead of 'making your train' (or in my case, getting out of bed) it may have actually been better for your emotional and mental sanity if you had called in sick, snoozed the alarm, pull the covers over your head and ask the world to kindly eff off for just 24hours.
A little melodramatic I'll admit but, yes, this is kind of how today went for me.
*I might also add that I just, that second, got up to check on some muffins that I lovingly prepared for David only to find that they are in fact burnt and lopsided and stupid. (I am so tired that I cannot think of a more emotionally laden descriptor than stupid...).
I have wanted to update my blog and do another entry for ageeeeeeeees but unfortunately the one night I actually sit down to do it, I'm sorry, is tonight where you all have to bear the bane of my frustrations and anger towards anything and everything.

Ok so it's not that bad. August is just a bit of a hectic month, and it signals the change of even greater hecticness that is the month of September. The clinic is going well and is fast filling up with clients and contracts and all sorts (which is fabulous) but becomes a little scary when you're all on your lonesome. I am fighting off, will all my might, the potential invasion of cold and flu bugs that saw me almost go home from work today and has also induced the appearance of an odd rash on my arms and tummy (don't worry - I'm watching it!!). SO many colleagues, clients and families have had this cold/flu over recent weeks and I was just saying to someone the other day how lucky and grateful I was that my body held up and didn't succumb (damn you Murphy and your law!). But as long as I keep rugged up and keep topping up my multivitamins and eating healthy - I should be right as rain (which, incedently, is coming down in buckets down here in ole Capel) very shortly.

Rather than being a hagged and bitter old grouch of a lady, I'm going to now turn this blog entry upside down and finish on an optimistic note - by listing all the things that I am currently grateful for:
- the lovely families and clients that I have been blessed with at the clinic, who make it very easy to come to work to.
- my weekend mini victory over my mental demons. As part of my training, I had a 60min training run scheduled for Sunday. And I frikkin did it. All by myself, in the rain, with cramps and headwind. I experienced that amazing numbness in my legs and feet that comes from a hard slog and I knew that mentally I was strong if I could come out of that run with a smile on my face.
- a beautiful weekend w family. We were lucky enough to have Dave's cousin and her hubby come down and spend the weekend with us. We filled our days and nights with yummy homecooked meals, a visit to Duckstein brewery, a visit to the Venissan farm, a round of Supa Golf, nintendo64 marathons and lots of Olympics watching and commentating. It was so lovely to spend uninterrupted time with them.
- my sister. Nothing in particular really but just being away from her has been one of the hardest things and knowing that I have a weekend coming up in which we get to spend 48 wonderful hours together makes me soooooooooooooooo happy! (Bad day, shmad day .... bring on Saturday!!)
- my friends. I miss them. I love them and I am ETERNALLY grateful for them.
- mum and dad's amazing sounding holiday. Currently in the lap of luxury in Bari Bari, I think a beautiful holiday couldn't go to a more deserving couple and I hope they are loving every minute of it!
- the month ahead. As overwhelming and busy as it will likely be. I'm so excited September is almost here. That means it's Spring, it means my birthday is coming, it means HANSON is coming, it means that dates with my girls, it means family gatherings, it means outdoor runs in the warmth, it means AFL grand final, it means netball grand final, and most excitingly it means a very momentous celebration for David and I with our 5 year anniversary also coming up in September :)

So, yes, there are crap days and days where you'd rather chew off your own arm than even think about getting through, but without these kinds of days, we might not appreciate the amazing ones. So I guess I'm grateful for this shitty one, because it's made me realise how much amazing stuff I have to look forward to in the next few weeks. So here's to you mother of all poopy days and stress, thank you for allowing me to see the end of you and, I cannot emphasise the sincerity enough, please go away and never come back so I can have my days filled with rainbows instead of stupid (again, I'm tired...) clouds and greyness.

Mle x

No comments:

Post a Comment