Monday 19 March 2012

Something a tad different.

For this evening's blog entry I have decided to do something a bit different - a few of the blogs I follow randomly do a reflection/gratitude journal style entry and have a different theme each post. The area I've decided to post on today is 'the joys in life'. It's often so easy to overlook the amazing things that we are fortunate enough to have or experience and so every now and again, I like to look back and smile and remind myself of how freakin lucky I am.


The Joys in my Life
- My family. First, foremost and forever. I am so so grateful to have been blessed with such a close knit and supportive group of individuals.
- My friends. Where do I begin?! I absolutely won the lottery when it came to friends. I have the most amazing girlfriends, some of whom I've known for years and years, some of whom I have become close with recently. I never ever feel that I need to change or compromise who I am for them and they love me unconditionally. How freaking awesome is that?!
- The man in my life that falls into both aforementioned categories. My David. Four and a half years ago, I went out for a quiet drink in a dingey pub in Fremantle and left with a big smile on my face after meeting my little partner in crime. He makes me smile and laugh and feel special more than anyone else in my life. Plus he's ridiculously good looking, so that helps too :):)
- Health magazines and health books. Something about the fresh pages and glossy pictures of healthy, happy, fit people absolutely makes my day. I love nothing more than curling up with a new issue of 'Mindfood' or 'Women's Health' and a fresh cup-o-coffee. Mmm, ideal Sunday!
- Cooking and baking for others. Whether I'm putting on a breakfast for the loves of my life, hosting a fundraiser luncheon or baking birthday cupcakes, I love the simple act of preparing delicious food for someone else!!
- Training. I love the structure of regular routine and also the commitment of following a fitness program and committing to a healthy habit. I love the post workout high and the immense feeling of pride when you achieve your goals.
- My job. I love it. Needs no explaining. If I had that 'one powerball', I'd still want to be a speech pathologist.

These things make me happy beyond measure and I am incredibly grateful for absolutely everything in my life that I have been given. But the things above are pretty standout favourites :)

Happy Monday!

M xx

No comments:

Post a Comment