Friday 15 June 2012

Big news revealed.

So I've hinted for a few weeks about some upcoming big news. You've all been very patient and sat back unawares while I frantically ran around getting my career and life sorted! So here it is...

I HAVE OFFICIALLY SIGNED PAPERS AND HAVE PURCHASED MY VERY OWN PRIVATE SPEECH PATHOLOGY PRACTISE! Settlement is scheduled for end of this month, so I'm planning to start operating from early to mid July. It's a huge adventure and challenge for me (as someone born literally without a single business minded bone in her body!) but I believe that I'm passionate and hard working enough to give this a real crack. I've mentioned in previous entries how frustrating it is with so few services down this way and this opportunity seemed to come up so fortuitously and with everything since falling into place so easily that I feel I'm on the right path.

Thank you to all of my friends and family who were so influential in my decision making process. Thank you for believing that I could do it before I myself even thought it possible. For your kind words, wisdom, advice and gorgeous replies to my messages and calls of absolute freaked out-ness and sheer terror - thank you!

Very excited to start this very challenging but rewarding chapter of my life. Feeling ridiculously older than my years now, this isn't something that I had planned or even thought possible to come into fruition for at least another 10-15years!! The greatest aspect of all this is that I'll never ever have to decide again or be forced to decided the dreaded ultimatum of Paeds vs Adults - I can do it all bitches! Haha. But on a serious note - I feel truly blessed that somehow the planets all aligned and has presented me with this rare and amazing opportunity.

So take home message kidlets, dream big because if you work hard and do good along the way - the universe will send you good things right back! For a while I couldn't understand why I was so lucky and how all this had come about, feeling like this while year has been a case of being at the right place at the right time - but my beautiful mama told me that good things happen to good people. I am by no means free of faults and have my temper tanties and lazy days as much as the next person but I've realized that I always endeavor to ensure that those around me are happy and feel special, I always put 100% into everything I do (well except running - that just kills me and some days I feel that 80% is good enough hehe) and my overarching goal/ambition in life is to leave a mark and make a difference or contribution in some way. So my thinking is that over the past few years, I must have done something right or are somehow on the right path, because I have amazing friends, family, boyfriend, country life, my health and this exciting new venture... It's all pretty incredible and my heart is bursting with gratitude.

So amigos, in the wise words of my favorite blue haired, bottle rimmed glassed friends - Everything is coming up Milhouse! ;)

Deep breaths, slight trepidation and the most overwhelming sense of gratitude,

Mle xx

Ps Apologies for the sappiness and overall wankiness of this entry. Feeling rather sentimental - so sue me! *actually don't sue me, I've only covered myself for $100000 worth of legal fees annually... Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment