Thursday 5 January 2012

Day 1

*Written in retrospect*

So yesterday was the big day. Car packed to the ceiling with clothes, toiletries, my beloved Nespresso machine (thanks mama!), books, resources, linen, fitness equipment, shoes, accessories/electronics and a million photo frames (thanks girls!) - I turned left on the fwy south and continued for 1hr 45mins. Just quietly, I love that it takes under 2 hours to get to/from but it feels like an entire world away, it's reassuring to know that I can be back in Perth in the time it takes to play my Hanson album twice - because admitedly, once is never enough.
I arrived at the 'Capel Crib' mid morning and with my hairy room-mate out surfing, I had the luxury of unpacking my stuff without disruption. So I plugged in my ipod and off I went to obsessively and compulsiveley organise my new house. It took just under an hour. I looked around wondering what the frick I was supposed to do now. With no tv, internet access, people to talk to or anything really - I hit my first wall of boredom. Please note this must be a new record, as I'd been still for all of 5 minutes when the boredom became too much - it's going to be a longggggg summer ;) My darling friend gave me a dymocks voucher for chrissie and I thought the early afternoon was a perfect afternoon to head into town, do a food shop and buy myself a new book. I also thought it was a good time to start my latest insane fitness/health challenge, which I'll explain later. So I donned my 'uber attractive' (note the section written in inverted comments was written in 'sarcastica' font) workout gear and set off. It was absolutely beautiful and picturesque to run along Busselton Beach, a lot more inviting and encouraging than good old Bibra Lake! Having worked up an ample sweat and feeling very sore and asymetrical (I had managed to pack odd sneakers, one provided full arch support and make running a breeze, but little right shoe was a tad 'worn' and had less bounce than a hungover Tigger...), I headed into town. I had a quick look around and managed to use the book voucher on a new novel. I did a quick shop in Woolies, stocking up on the essentials (for Emily, that means salad supplies, fruit, tuna and yoghurt) and headed back home. The country life is slowly rubbing off on me. For example - I lazed about the house, read my book and then fell asleep and was out to the world for a good hour. David and his mates arrived home shortly after I woke and we cooked dinner and spent the night looking up hilarious youtube clips on one mate's computer. I went to bed exhausted (from what exactly, I do not know!!) and excited for my first day as a country speechie, as I was starting work the next day.
So that my friends, is my first day in my new home!! I'll try to post another entry to summarise my first working week and the things that I have been up to as soon as I can - not having internet (only mobile inet with crappy reception) definitely makes it more difficult!

Mle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment