Tuesday 17 January 2012

Happy Hump Day.

Ah, hump day - the middle of the week and then we're on the downwards slope to the weekend! Woo! This entry will be very short and sweet, as life has been blissfully uneventful over the past working week. The weekend was amazing and I loved every minute spending it with beautiful old friend and meeting lovely new friends and celebrating the upcoming nuptuals of my darling dear old friend! After a weekend of pool lazing and food grazing and many a vodka and cranberry, I came back home on Sunday sufficiently knackered and happy to have a lazy Sunday afternoon in preparation for returning to the working week. I also was pleasantly surprised to see the Sunday matinee movie on good ole GWN was a disney gem - Hunchback of Notre Dame. So I may or may not have watched this whilst cleaning and doing a load of washing. And I may or may not have cried when Quasimodo was lifted into the crowd and cheered on at the end - I definitely did not appreciate that film as a youngster but I urge all of you to watch it, it was amazing!
Work has continued to be wonderful. I'm excited for the new school term to commence because, as most paediatric speechies know, the clinical days are quite varied during holidays with DNAs and families on holidays and not wanting daytime appointments etc etc. So I'm excited to have consistently full and busy days in the weeks to come. I've even snagged a sub acute adult treatment client who absolutely stole my heart, the patient will need ongoing speech rehab to assist with his worsening dysarthria and they are one of those clients that seems so gungho and appreciative of any support that you know they'll go off and DO the practice (woo hooo!!).
Lazy Emily has ruled the roost this week and very minimal runs/rides have taken place. But David kicked my lazy bum last night and we did a late run together. As I ran the first km, I was hating life (and may have possibly been a grumpy wench towards David because I did NOT want to be there) but as I kept going and kept pushing - we happily discovered that we'd significantly reduced our time per km from last week and so we had a challenge to maintain that speed til the end of the run. So, I burst back onto our front lawn absolutely shattered but back to feeling myself and not so "Waaaah" and lazy! Hehe.
I'm excited to finally explore Capel library tonight (Ahhh the mediocre joys of country life). It's been closing at 5pm so I've JUST missed it by the time I have gotten home from work. So tonight is late night book night and I'm signing up and trying to squeeze in a bit more reading into my life. Partly to learn more and because I miss reading, but mostly to help me get to sleep at night! I'm still getting used to sleeping in a new place and so I'm hoping reading before bed makes me sleep like an exhausted baby and I can have a few nights of heavy, uninterupted sleep!
Hoping everyone is having a lovely week themselves. I can't wait to see some family and friends this weekend. Especially *cringe* my widdle sister, (and mama and dada of course), I miss youuuuu!! But, yay, not too long!

Mle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment