Sunday 22 January 2012

Perthbound.

As I type this, I sit comfortably on my lovely couch at the Capel crib with a big badass smile on my face! David and I returned this afternoon from our weekend at home with family and friends :) Another reason for smiling is my most recent exciting purchase...I'm blogging via iPad. After umming and uhing for months about whether or not I should bite the bullet and splurge on an iPad, to be used primarily as a therapy tool within my sessions, I finally did and have had fun over the past few days playing around and becoming very geek-chic. I was further persuaded to buy it after being lucky enough to win an articulation therapy app through my favorite speech therapy blog site (all my speechie friends should check it out at www.speechroomnews.blogspot.com)!! So now I'm ready to get tech-savvy on my clients and use my new purchase to make treatment sessions a whole lot more exciting! I mayyyy have also been über enticed by the app store and downloaded a copious amount of health/fitness apps and magazines... I fully admit and acknowledge that I have an addiction so please do not judge me.
I spent Friday night with my beautiful family and spent it in the best and most relaxing way possible, sitting outside having salmon/ricotta ravioli and salad on a balmy summer's night and dad's iPod cranking out the old school tunes (which in all honesty just added to the ambience, I'm sorry I give you crap daddy!). Absolutely lovely night which was made (boringly so) better by the best nights sleep ever ever ever in my own bed! Absolutely dead to the world and woke up on Saturday with the energy of a 5 yr old on a playground. I started my Saturday with a stinking hot run (how bloody muggy is Perth this week?!) and made the morning even better with breakfast and coffee with my girlfriends at the beautiful Atomic cafe (which my friends have ravvvvvvved about for months hehe) and it did live up to expectations! The company definitely made the brekkie experience all the more enjoyable. So with full bellies after a well overdue catch up, we went on our merry ways.
Dave and I spent the night with our lovely friends (but definitely missing our Bali bound pair) in Perth city to celebrate the anniversary of my dear friends birth 24 years ago. It was a wonnnnderful night with lots of laughs and cuddles and I was so grateful for the opportunity to see so many of my friends and for getting the chance to catch up on what's been happening in their lives. I only wished the night could've lasted longer but we carried our tired bums home at 2am in readiness for our early morning drive to our home on Sunday.
We drove to Capel this morning and I was so surprised to find that the trip absolutely flies by now, it felt like we were in the car for 30mins! It was a beautiful Sunday arvo as Dave's family came to visit our home and go for lunch in Busselton.
So in summary, an absolutely perfect weekend, but I do apologies that this is such a boring and uneventful entry. And the weirdest thing of all to report, is that I'm reaaly looking forward to work tomorrow! I'm looking forward to jumping straight back into in and do have a pretty hectic week of appointments and things, so it'll be great to keep myself super busy.
Sorry again for the boringness of this entry but one man's trash is another man's treasure and I definitely had a very treasured weekend.
Mle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment