Thursday 12 January 2012

Looking forward.

Well well, the (almost) end of my first full-time work week down here! I finally feel like I'm finding my stride in establishing myself down here. Professionally I feel that I'm getting more and more confident with balancing the procedures and protocols of the Country Health Service each day and I have been fortunate enough to have already been given opportunities to assess/manage a variety of clients. Which is exactly what I wanted and had hoped for when first applying for this posting. And personally I feel like I'm developing a good routine and lifestyle down this neck of the woods :) I've been keeping fairly active and am on target with my "2012" challenge*, and have really enjoyed the independance that has come from living out of home. Although the dirty laundry pile is starting to resemble Mt Machu Picchu... And if the saying is true, and you are what you eat, I will surely be returning to Perth a salmon or tuna since that has been my go-to meal of choice since I got down here!!
I'm really looking forward to this weekend! With my beautiful friend set to marry her sweetheart in just over two weeks (eeeek! how exciting!!) we are off for a girly weekend to commemorate her final weekends of being a 'Miss'. I can't wait to just kick back, see my gorgeous friends and celebrate this very momentous occassion with one of the most genuine and incredible girl I have ever met! So make sure this weekend you spare a thought for this (soon to be) blushing bride and send lots of well wishes and good energy out into the universe for her and her partner :)

TGIF!

Mle x

*The "2012" challenge is a fitness challenge I have recently commited to in which I will complete 2012km during my training over the year. This will mostly consist of running distances but I am allowed to odd bike ride to round up numbers. Sigh. Over-ambitious, mental and stupid = mle.

No comments:

Post a Comment